About ERGT and Dennis:
ERGT Australia provides a professional, engaging and safe training service using simulated environments to develop skills and behaviours that address safety-critical industry needs. Since 1994, ERGT has built a solid reputation in providing safety training for the Oil & Gas industry through people, processes, products and attention to detail. With eight training centres located in Western Australia, Darwin and Victoria, ERGT is well positioned to service the Oil & Gas sector as well as other high-risk industries. The Australian Oil & Gas industry is leading the world in safety training initiatives and ERGT is committed to helping ensure that these programs are successful in further improving safety culture.
Dennis Dyce :
The companies spokesperson Dennis Dyce spent 25 years serving in Australian Army and many years of that was spent in Special Forces ( hence no photos) ensuring the safety of many a trainee
Dennis has also spent almost a further 25 years looking after the various facets of risk that associated with safety cultures around the globe.
Connect with Dennis Dyce:
Safety is long term. It’s not a quick fix operation.”
In this episode, Spike and Dennis discuss:
- Risk management verses safety compliance.
- The three things that Dennis would recommend be put into business to reach an elite standard.
- The importance of conditioning when you are putting a program in place to best achieve success.
- Dennis’ biggest headaches with regards to safety and various programs.
- Risk is more encompassing than safety, but they are intertwined.
- You can’t give up – you have to continue on with safety, even when it seems like you’re just going in circles.
- Emergency management is only one component of business continuity – but it is important to have it squared away before an emergency happens.
- Safety culture is a living, breathing entity. It must evolve over time.